If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amorphous Boron Powder is an important energy material. In a composite solid propellant, it is used as a solid energy fuel. The calorific power of boron is two times higher than carbon. Its volume, however, is three times that of hydrocarbon fuel. Amorphous Boron’s large surface area and irregular shape cause its ignition temperature to drop dramatically.
Amorphous Boron Powder is an odorless, dark brown powder. It can be ignited when heated above 700°C and oxidized at 300°C. It is used as a boron fine product in many fields, including metallurgy. Commonly used in deoxidizers, airbag initiators, rocket fuel igniters, etc.
Amorphous Boron has more active properties chemically than crystalline Boron. Crystalline Boron is so hard it is often substituted for diamond when making drill bits or cutting tools. To prevent metal oxidation, a small quantity of boron is added to the metal-smelting process. Boron-copper is used, for example to make control rods in atomic reactors. Boron is a dark brown to black powder. At room temperature it can react with Fluorine, but not hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acid. Boron is not soluble with water. However, it can be dissolved in boiling sulfuric and nitric acids, as well as most metals, such a copper, iron and manganese. It is widely applied in many fields, including metallurgy.
Use of boron powder
1. In terms of energy, boron is the best non-metallic additive. Because of its irregular form and large specific area, boron powder’s ignition temperature decreases significantly.
2. Boron is an important raw material in the production of boron halide, as well as for the preparation of other raw materials containing borides.
3. Oxygen free copper smelting oxidizer: Addition of small amounts of boron in the metal smelting procedure, one hand to act as a oxidizer and prevent metal oxidation when heated;
4. Boron powder, used in alloys to form alloys or improve mechanical properties of metals, is used to create special metal products.
5. Boron powder may also be used to weld.
6. Boron Powder for Solid Rocket Propellant
7. Boron powder used as a catalyst for airbags in automobiles
8. Magnesium Carbon Brick Additive for High Temperature Furnace of Steelmaking
Boron powder Supplier
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier and manufacturer with more than 12 years of experience in providing high-quality Nanomaterials and chemicals. Our company is currently developing a number of materials. The Amorphous Boron Powder The products produced by our company are of high purity and have low impurity levels. To get the latest information, click here. Boron powder price Click on the desired product to send an enquiry.