The Dangers of Nano Colloidal Silver-Advanced nanomaterials and chemicals for bio medical. |Biomedicalmaterialsprogram

Blog

The Dangers of Nano Colloidal Silver

If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: brad@ihpa.net



nano colloidal silver is a form of silver that has small particles with particle sizes ranging from one to 100 nanometers. It is a liquid solution of silver particles suspended in water, and it is used for various purposes.

It can kill bacteria by releasing silver ions when it comes into contact with moisture. In turn, the ions destroy bacteria by damaging their cell membranes.

But it also can harm healthy cells. If you ingest the particles, or get them into your bloodstream through your skin, they can cause a condition called argyria, which turns your skin blue-gray.

What is more, when it enters the body’s organs, it can also affect your brain and other tissues. The World Health Organization and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommend that you not exceed a safe dose of colloidal silver, which is 10 to 30 parts per million (ppm) of silver.

This is because even though the ions can destroy microbes, they can also harm your healthy cells, which could cause you serious health problems and other side effects.

There are a number of reasons why this is a problem, and they include how the ions and silver particles get into your body in the first place. Besides, they can build up in your organs and affect your brain, which can result in mental impairment.

Scientists are still investigating the long-term impact of ingesting or using nanocolloidal silver. But Metcalfe says a big worry is that microbes can develop resistance to the germ killer over time, which could make it harder to use silver-coated medical devices or silver-treated bandages to fight infection.


Resent Products