If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
1. Hexagonal Nitride Boron
Hexagonal boran nitride, also called “white graphene”, has a two dimensional material that is composed of monoatomic layers made up of nitrogen and then boron. It has a layered structure of AA’AA ‘……type. Because its structure is similar to graphene, it also shares many of the same properties.
Hexagonal boron nitride (H-BN) is a graphite lattice, which is in the form of a loose, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light-weight, insoluble, high-temperature-resistant white powder. Hexagonal boran nitride is chemically resistant and has no melting point. It does not react to metals such as general metals and rare earth metals.
Hexagonal Borosilicate is a good insulator, with excellent mechanical and chemical properties. It is used for composite material modification, sensors and ultraviolet laser devices. The layers and other aspects are important.
2. Cubic Boron Nitride
C-BN is a material that is only second to diamond in terms of hardness. It is superhard and is produced by combining hexagonal boron and a catalyst at high temperatures under high pressure.
Cubic Boron Nitride is available in amber, black and with a metalized surface. The particle size ranges from 1mm to less than 1mm. The high thermal stability, chemical inertness and hardness of the material make it a good choice for super-hard tooling.
It is the physical properties that make the difference between hexagonal and cubic boron oxide.
Hexagonal boran nitride has a white color, whereas cubic boran nitride comes in blacks, ambers, and other colors. ;
Hexagonal and cubic boron-nitride are both soft.
Hexagonal boran nitride is a raw material that can be used for the production of cubic boron oxide;
Hexagonal and cubic boron-nitride are used in the production of CBN tools.
The hexagonal boron-nitride crystal structure is the same as that of graphene. Multilayers are used to stack the material. Van der Waals force links the BNBs between different layers. The crystal lattice constants are a=0.2506+0.0002nm and c=0.667+0.0004nm. The density is r=2.25g/cm3.
Cubic boron-nitride has excellent stability in the air. It is also very hard (Mohs hardness 2 and wide bandgap 5.1eV). Cubic boron-nitride can tolerate temperatures as high as 2270degC, but will melt at 3270degC. The hexagonal boron is also a very good material for insulation and thermal conductivity. It has low thermal expansion and shrinkage rates and does not react when exposed to weak acids or strong bases.
Hexagonal boron Nitride: Properties and Applications
The molecular characteristics of hexagonal Boron Nitride give it many excellent properties. They include excellent dielectric properties and excellent thermal conductivity. At the same time, it also has chemical properties such as strong oxidation resistance, strong corrosion-resistance, and stable chemical properties.
(1) High heat resistant. Hexagonal Boron Nitride (h-BN), when heated at 3000 or higher in 0.1Mpa Nitrogen, will sublimate. At 1800, its strength is two times that at room temperature. This gives it excellent thermal shock resistance. It is cooled in the air to 1500. No rupture will occur at room temperature.
(2) High thermal conduction. The thermal conductivity (W/m*k) of hexagonal boran nitride materials is around 33W/m*k. It is comparable to stainless steel’s thermal conductivity, but is greater.
(3) Low expansion coefficient. The hexagonal boron-nitride has a linear expansion coefficient (2.06.5*10-6/) that is only second to quartz glass. The material is also thermally conductive, which makes it excellent in terms of thermal shock resistance.
(4) Excellent insulation. Hexagonal boran nitride is a good high-temperature insulator. Its maximum volume resistivity, at high temperatures of 1000 degrees, can be as high 10161018O*cm.
Good corrosion resistance. Hexagonal Borosidriad has good chemical resistance and is not affected by most metals, salts or glasses. This material is highly resistant to alkali and acid and can withstand molten glass and metals.
(6) Lower coefficient of friction. Hexagonal boran nitride is a lubricant with excellent properties. The friction coefficient is 0.16. It does not increase when heated and it has better temperature resistance than graphite or molybdenum diulfide. Up to 900degC can be achieved with the oxidizing atmosphere, while under vacuum it can reach up to 2100degC.
(7) Machinability. Hexagonal Borosilicate is easily finished using metal-cutting techniques. Turning accuracy can reach up to 0.05mm. This allows for the production of complex shapes from hexagonal boronilicate blanks.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier and manufacturer with more than 12 years of experience in the production of super-high-quality chemicals. Our company produces hexagonal boron Nitride with high purity, small particle size and low impurity levels. Please. Contact us if necessary.