If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The powder is grayish-black with a hexagonal structure (AlB2). It has a very hardness and a melting temperature of 2980degC. The titanium diboride anti-oxidation in air temperature can reach 1,000 degrees Celsius, and the material is stable with HCl acid and HF.
Titanium Diboride Powder Properties
The compound TiB2 is the most stable of all the boron-titanium compounds. It has C32 structure, and is combined as valence bonds. It is a hexagonal metalloid. The crystal’s structural parameters are a of 0.3028nm, and C of 0.3228nm.
In the crystal, the boron plane and the titanium plane alternately form two-dimensional networks, where B is covalently linked with the other three borons, and a single electron forms a strong p bond. This graphite like layered structure between boron electrons and Ti outer layers determines TiB2’s good conductivity, metallic luster, and hardness.
Titanium Diboride Powder Applications
Titanium Diboride is used primarily to prepare composite ceramics. Due to its resistance to corrosion in molten metallic crucibles or electrolytic cell electrodes, titanium diboride can be used.
1. Conductive ceramics. Titanium Diboride is one the main raw materials in the vacuum coated conductive evaporation vessel.
2. Ceramic molds and cutting tools. Titanium Diboride is used in the production of finishing tools, extrusion and wire drawing dies.
3. Composite ceramic materials. Titanium diboride may be an important component for multiple composite materials. It can also be used in composite materials, along with TiC, TiN or SiC, to produce various high-temperature parts. It can also be used for armor protection. One of the most effective materials.
4. Cathode coating for aluminum electrolytic cell. TiB2 can be used as the cathode of an aluminum electrolytic battery due to its good wettability.
5. Titanium diboride may be used as a PTC heating material and flexible PTC material. Its characteristics include safety, power savings, reliability, easy processing, and molding. It is a new high-tech product that combines various electric heating material.
6. Titanium Diboride is an excellent strengthening agent for Al Fe Cu and other metals.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
We are a chemical product supplier with 12 years of experience. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal and T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can contact us for high quality Titanium Diboride Powder.
Send an inquiry.