About Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
Titanium hydride generally refers to the inorganic compound TiH2 and related non-stoichiometric materials. It can be purchased on the market as a stable gray/black powder, and can also be used as an additive in the production of Alnico sintered magnets, metal powder sintering, metal foam production, titanium metal powder production and pyrotechnics.
Titanium dihydride is a gray powder with a metallic appearance. There are two variants with a transition temperature of 37 degrees. The low-temperature stable state is a face-centered tetragonal crystal system with lattice constants a = 0.4528 nm and c = 0.4279 nm. > 37 degrees is a tetragonal crystal system, with a lattice constant a = 0.4454 nm. The density at 20 degrees is 3.9lg/cm3.
Titanium disulfide is stable in the gas phase above 400 degrees and is almost completely decomposed at 800 to 1000 degrees, so in fact, it cannot exist alone, and its composition range is TiH1.8 to TiH1.99. The solid solution called titanium dihydride is stable in water and non-oxidizing acids. However, when an oxidizing agent is present, it is oxidized to a tetravalent titanium compound. Titanium hydride is very brittle, so this function is usually used to prepare titanium powder. Titanium hydride decomposes when heated and is a pure hydrogen source. During the conversion process, titanium hydride is used for welding because it decomposes when the welding zone is heated and precipitates new hydrogen and molten titanium, which can further promote welding and at the same time increase the welding strength.
The stability of titanium hydride is slowly decomposed at 400℃ and completely dehydrogenated at 600～800℃ in a vacuum. It has high chemical stability, does not interact with air and water, but easily interacts with strong oxidants. It will not decompose if used and stored in accordance with specifications.
Titanium hydride needs to avoid contact with moisture/humidity, acids, halogens, halogenated hydrocarbons, oxides. Avoid contact with water. Stable in the air. Titanium hydride is slightly harmful to water. Do not discharge the material into the surrounding environment without government permission. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder in bulk.
Product Features of Titanium Hydride TiH2 powder CAS 7704-98-5:
titanium hydride TiH2 is relatively stable in air, titanium hydride can also be used to prepare H2 and titanium
hydroxide. Titanium hydride can be obtained by reacting H2 with titanium metal directly. Above 300 °C, the
metal titanium can reversibly absorb H2, and finally forms a compound of the formula TiH2. If heated to above
1000°C, titanium hydride will be fully decomposed into titanium and H2.
Technical Parameter of Titanium Hydride TiH2 powder:
|Product Name||MF||Purity||Particle Size||Melting Point||Density||Color|
|titanium hydride||TiH2||99%||5-10um||350℃||3.76 g/cm3||dark gray|
Chemical Composition of Titanium Hydride TiH2 powder:
How is Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder produced?
Methods of producing titanium hydride include electrochemistry and ball milling.
1. Titanium carbonate reacts directly with hydrogen or reduces titanium dioxide with calcium hydride in sulfuric acid.
2. Put the sponge-like or powder-like Ti in the glass tube, and use the gas phase to remove the air in the tube. The metal is heated at 350~400°C in a pure gas stream, and the excess gas phase is passed into it and it will be cooled in the air stream.
Note: It is necessary to use very dry and oxygen-free sulfate for fluorination. Because O2 and water vapor are both effectively combined with Ti, they can be converted into titanium oxide.
The titanium hydride prepared by this method is consistent with the chemical formula of TiH0.5~TiH1.5. Compared with Ti, TiH2 has a grayer color and is not stable. It is almost completely decomposed when heated to 800~1000°C. Therefore, in fact, TiH2 cannot exist alone. The solid solution composed of TiH1.8~TiH1.99 is usually recognized as TiH2.
Applications of Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
Titanium hydride (TiH2) is a compound of titanium and hydrogen hydride. It has high reactivity and needs to be kept away from heat sources and strong oxidants. The application of titanium hydride is also very extensive.
1. Titanium hydride is very brittle, so this feature is often used to prepare powdered titanium.
2. Titanium hydride decomposes when heated and is a pure hydrogen source.
3. In addition, titanium hydride can also be used for welding, because it decomposes when the welding zone is heated and precipitates new hydrogen and molten titanium. The latter can promote welding and increase the strength of the weld.
4. Titanium hydride powder can be widely used in fireworks, aerospace, medicine, petroleum, petrochemical, Soda ash, fertilizer, metallurgy, navigation, nuclear power, etc.
5. Titanium hydride is used to prepare titanium compounds, as a catalyst, as a source of pure H2, forming ceramic and glass seals.
6. Titanium hydride is used to make titanium coating.
7. Titanium hydride is used as a getter in the electric vacuum process. It can be used as a hydrogen source to replace high-purity hydrogen in the production of foamed metal or to supply titanium to alloy powder in metal-ceramic sealing and powder metallurgy.
8. Titanium dihydride is used as a catalyst for polymerization reactions.
Storage Condition of Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
Damp reunion will affect TiH2 powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the TiH2 powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depends on the Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder quantity.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder packing:vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder shipping:could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express?as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder Properties
|Other Names||titanium dihydride (hydrogen deficient)|
|Molecular Weight||49.88 g/mol|
|Appearance||gray to black powder (commercial form)|
|Solubility in water||N/A|
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder Health & Safety Information
|Transport Information||UN 1871 4.1/PG 2|