If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
Bismuth Oxide preparation
1. Dropwise, add to the bismuth-nitrate solution at 80-90degC a sodium hydroxide-free aqueous solution. Mix. The solution stays alkaline and the white, volume-swelling, bismuth oxide hydroxide Bi(OH3) precipitates. This solution is heated, stirred and dehydrated to yellow. Bismuth Trioxide . After filtering, drying and washing the bismuth oxide is obtained.
2. Mix them under a nitrogen-filled atmosphere by adding dropwise a 1,5 mol/L sodium aqueous hydroxide solution (without carbon dioxide) to a bismuth solution (0.10 mol/L, dissolved in 0.1 mol/L of nitric solution (1 mol/L), at 80-90deg C. During precipitation the solution stays alkaline. The white volume-expanded Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH)3 does precipitate, but it dehydrates and turns into a light yellow Bismuth Trioxide when stirred for some time in the hot water solution. Decant the solution and wash it 15 times without adding air or carbon dioxide. Then filter and dry.
3. The graphite electrode is placed between the metal surface and the metal bismuth after it has been melted and put in the crucible. An arc is then formed under oxygen flow. For a continuous supply of oxygen to the crucible, it should be placed inside a large vessel. The reaction is carried out at 750-800degC and the b bismuth trioxide is generated quickly. It has a purity level of 99.8%. A high-temperature phase B-type product can then be obtained by quenching the product in water or a metal plate.
4. Stir vigorously as you add the acidic Bi(NO3)3*5H2O (20g dissolved 2mol/L in HNO3) solution to the excess sodium-carbonate solution. Filter, wash and dry the Bi2O3CO3 resulting precipitate. Place it in an aluminium boat and heat the air in it at 650K over about 1.5 hours.
5. Burn the Bismuth Subnitrate between 400500 for 34 hours to remove NO3 ions:
After cooling down, all the resulting products will turn lemon yellow.
Bismuth Oxide is used in the application of Bismuth oxide
Bismuth oxide is used to prepare bismuth sal; it can also be used in electronic ceramic powder materials, electrolytes, photoelectric materials, high-temperature Superconductors, and as a catalyst. Bismuth Oxide is an essential additive in electronic ceramic materials and must have a purity of at least 99.15%. Main application objects include zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors and ferrite magnet materials. Other applications include glaze rubber compounding, medicine, Red Glass compounding, etc.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier and manufacturer of high-quality Nanomaterials with over 12 year’s experience, is a trusted source for super-high quality chemicals. The Bismuth Oxide Powder produced by our company is high in purity, fine particle size and impurity content. Please. Contact us if necessary.