If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
The key features of Hafnium Diboride Powder
Hafnium Diboride has a high melting point, high hardness and excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. It also exhibits good neutron absorption properties. It can be used to make electrode materials, super-hard materials and neutron absorption substances, as well as ultra-high-temperature materials.
|Hafnium Diboride Properties
|hafnium boride, HfB2 powder
|Solubility of H2O
1. Hafnium Diboride in wear-resistant coats Because of its exceptional fire resistance, it can also be used in ultra high temperature composite materials (SiC) with silicon carbide. This material is more resistant to oxidation when it has been combined with silicon carbide.
2. The temperature and pressure determine the resistance to oxidation of hafnium dioxide. At 1500 degrees Celsius and 1 atmosphere pressure, a protective oxide of hafniumoxide is formed. HfB2’s oxidation resistance will decrease significantly if it is heated above 1600 degC or the pressure drops below one atm. These conditions will cause the boiling temperature for B2O3 (one oxidation product of HfB2) to exceed 1400°C. A protective oxide layer will then form.
3. Because of its strength and thermal characteristics, HfB2 can be used in ultra high-speed reentry vehicle, such as heat shields, for intercontinental ballistic missiles, or aerodynamic fronts. HfB2 forms aerodynamic shapes unlike composite and polymers, and does not ablate during reentry.
4. Hafnium Diboride has been also investigated as a possibility for new materials in nuclear reactor control rods.
5. Hafnium-diboride is being investigated as a diffusion barrier for microchips. If the synthesis is correct the barrier thickness could be less than 7 nanometers. The supplier Hafnium Diboride Powder
Tech Co., Ltd. () is a professional boride powder Over 12 years’ experience in chemical product development and research. We accept credit cards, T/T and West Union payments. We will ship goods overseas via FedEx, DHL and by air or sea to our customers.
You can find high-quality powdered boron carbide here Please contact us Send an inquiry