If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Titanium Carbide TiC Powder Properties|
|Other Names||titanium(IV) carbide, TiC powder|
|Solubility of H2O||Insoluble|
Preparation methods for Titanium Carbide TiC powder
1. Carbothermic reduction
TiO2 was reduced using carbon black at 1700-2100. The chemical reaction formula for this was: TiO2 (S)+3C(s)=TiC+2COg.
2. Carbonization by direct method
TiC was created by the reaction between Ti powder and carbon dust.
Submicron Ti powder preparation is difficult. This limits the use of the method. It takes approximately 5 to 20 hours to complete the above reaction. Because the reactants agglomerate, it is very difficult to control the process. Further grinding is required to produce fine TiC powder. Purifying the fine powder from ball milling with a chemical method is essential to get a better product.
3. Chemical vapor deposition
The synthesis method uses the reaction between TiCl4, TiH2 and C.
Reactants are formed when hot tungsten and carbon monofilaments react. Monofilaments can be used to grow TiC crystals. The yield and quality of TiC powders produced by this method is very limited.
4. Sol-gel method
The invention concerns a method to prepare small-sized products by thoroughly mixing and dispersing material with solution. It offers the advantages of high chemical uniformity, small particle size, and narrow distribution. However, the synthesis is complicated and drying shrinkage is large.
5. Microwave method
Use nano TiO2 or carbon black as raw materials. The principle of carbon thermal reaction is used to heat the material using microwave energy. Actually, the high-frequency electrical field’s dielectric loss is used to convert microwave heat into energy. This allows nano TiO2 (carbon) to synthesize TiC.
Titanium Carbide TiC Powder: Applications
1. Use in mold making, wear-resistant coating, cutting tools, and other applications.
2. Raw materials used in the production of ceramics, and hard metallurgical components by powder metallurgy such as drawing film, hard alloy die, etc. Polyphase ceramics can also be used to make hard cutting tools, military arm materials, and aerospace components like gas tanks, engines. They can also be used as nozzle linings for turbine rotors, blades, or structural components in nuclear reactors.
3. It is a good coating material for diamond coating, tritium anticoating in the Fusion reactor, electric contact coat, excavator cut coating, and foam ceramics.
Titanium Carbide TiC Pulp is Main Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier of chemical materials and manufacturer. They have over 12 years experience in producing super high-quality chemicals, Nanomaterials, such as silicon powder.
High-quality products are what you want TiC Powder – titanium carbide Please feel free and contact us to send an inquiry. (email@example.com)