Introduction to Titanium Diboride Pulver
Titanium Diboride Pulver
This is a gray or grayish-black powder with hexagonal crystal structures. The melting point is 2900, the hardness (HV), 34GPaI and density is 4.52. It features wear resistance, acid resistance, thermal conductivity, thermal and electrical conductivity, low thermal extension coefficient, excellent chemical stability and heat resistance.
Titanium Diboride powder’s Physical and Chemical Properties
Has a 1000-hour oxidation resistance in the air. It is stable in HCI/HF acids. But it reacts with H2SO4/HNO3. It can easily be eroded by acid.
The hot pressing
The temperature at which the theoretical density is reached is 1800-1900 C (with the addition a small amount if metal or carbide sintering AIDS). You will need to use more sintering ingredients and heats that exceed 2000 degC for press-free interfacing.
This is the most stable among several titanium-boron compound. It is a quasi-metallic hexagon compound with a C32 structural structure and covalent bonds. The total crystal’s structural parameters are 0.3028nm (for A) and 0.3228nm (for C). This two-dimensional network structure is formed by the boron and titan atomic plans. In which B is covalently bond with three other Bs, and the additional electron forms a large, covalent p bond, B. The layer structure in boron atoms is very similar to graphite. While the outer electrons from Ti determine the electrical conductivity of TiB2 and metallic luster, the Ti-B bond between titanium and boron atoms determines its high hardness and fragility. TiB2 is not susceptible to sintering. It is often densified through hot pressing or hot Isostatic pressing. TiB2 can be sintered press-free but liquid forming additions such as iron and chromium are needed to achieve high density.
|Titanium Diboride Powder Properties|
|Other names||TiB2, TiB2 powder, titanium boride powder|
|Appearance||Gray or gray black|
|Melting Point||2980 degC|
|Solubility of H2O||Insoluble|
Preparation methods for Titanium Diboride Powder
The boron carbide method is also known as the carbothermic reduction method: 2TiO2+B4C+3=2TiB2+4CO
Using TiCl4 and BCl3 as raw materials by vapor deposition: TiCl4+2BCl3+5H2=TiB2+10HCl
Can be prepared in the presence H2 at 800 1000
Titanium Diboride Powder Applications
1. Titanium diboride can be used in rocket nozzle, electrical contact and high-temperature electrode materials. It can also serve as an abrasive.
2. It is used for tool ceramics, ceramics, and conductive ceramics.
3. Useful for making conductive composites. Vacuum aluminum plating equipment’s main component is the conductive boronitride (evaporation vessel) made with titanium diboride and boron nuitride.
4. It is used for cutting ceramic tools and their parts. Produce titanium diboride ceramics.
5. As a composite ceramic materials. Use titanium diboride as a component of many composite materials.
6. It can be used as an element to make armor protection material.
7. Cathode material to aluminum electrolysis. Cathode material for aluminum electrolysis. The electrolytic aluminum cell’s power consumption is decreased due to the excellent wettability and high tensile strength of aluminum liquid metal and TiB2. This prolongs the battery life.
8. Al, Fe, Cu and other metal materials strengthening agents can also be used to make PTC heating and flexible PTC material.
9. It can be used as a rocket nozzle, an electrical contact, or electrode material.
Main supplier of Titanium Diboride Pulver
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier of chemical material and manufacturer. They have over 12 years experience in producing super high-quality chemicals, Nanomaterials, such as titanium powder.
High-quality products are what you want
Titanium Diboride powder
Send us an inquiry and contact us.