What is Titanium Nitride?
Titanium Nitride is a compound that has a molecular structure of TiN and a mass of 61.88. TiN powder can be found in yellow-brown colors, but the ultra-fine TiN is black and the TiN crystals are golden yellow. TiN’s melting point is 2950. The Mohs hardness 8-9 is excellent, and it is resistant to thermal shock. TiN has both a higher melting point and lower density than many transition metal nitrides. It can be used in conductive materials, such as electrodes or electrical contacts for molten Salt Electrolysis.
The main features and benefits of Titanium Nitride
There are two types of titanium dioxide (Ti2N2), and one type of titanium tetranitride. Titanium dinitride, a yellow solid, is also known as titanium nitride. In boiling water, dissolve. Hot sodium hydroxide solution will release ammonia. The properties of titanium Tetranitride are very similar to that of titanium dioxide.
It is possible to make it directly by reacting titanium with nitrogen at 1200°C. It can be made by using a vapor-deposition process of titanium tetrachloride (nitrogen) and hydrogen mixed gases. Titanium dinitride results from heating titanium metal in nitrogen, ammonia, at 900 to 1000°C. Titanium tetranitride results from heating titanium tetrachloride with ammonia at 1000°C.
Titanium Nickel Nitride Properties
|Tinite, TiNite, TiN powder, nitridotitanium
Solubility of H2O
Titanium Nitride Nitride TiN powder CAS 25583-20-4
Titanium Nitride and its applications
1. For metal edges, titanium nitride is widely used to protect against corrosion of tools like drills and milling cutters. It can also be used to prolong the life of these machines by up to three times.
2. Its metallic luster is why it is used often as an ornament for clothes and automobiles. Nickel (Ni) and chromium are often used as an exterior coating for package pipes, door and window hardware, and as a plating substrate.
3. It is used in aerospace, military, as well to protect bicycles and motorbikes’ sliding surfaces, and the shock-absorbing shafts on remote-controlled toys cars.
4. The FDA approved material is non-toxic. It can also be used in medical devices. For example, it can maintain the sharp edges of scalpel blades.
5. As a conductive barrier between metal contacts and active devices, titanium nitride film can be used in microelectronics. It is possible to make a good conductive connection by diffusing the film onto metal silicon.
6. This “barrier” metal also has the mechanical and chemical properties of ceramics. It is heavily used in 45nm chip designs to increase transistor performance. By combining titanium Nitride with a gate Dielectric Layer (eg, HfSiO), a battery field that uses titanium nitride can achieve a higher dielectric constant, greater gate length, lower leakage and thereby a better threshold voltage. 7. The high biological stability extends the application field of this alloy to bioelectronic electrodes, such as subretinal prosthesis projects and microelectromechanical systems (biological microelectromechanical systems) in biomedicine, making smart implants or in vivo biosensors Able to withstand severe body fluid corrosion.
The main supplier of
Tech Co., Ltd. () is a professional
Over 12 years’ experience in chemical products development and research. We accept credit cards, T/T and West Union payments. We will ship goods overseas via FedEx, DHL and by air or sea to our customers.
You can find high-quality powdered boron carbide here
Please contact us
Send an inquiry
Haoyue S200 Spark Plasma Sintering Current Density Equipment/Machine/System/Furnace